morst blog home
expressobeans art guide

WHY I AM NOT A PYRO ANYMORE21 years ago today, Buf...
Good news everyone!"On 11/8/05, jonathan segel wro...
PUMPKIN POWER POTENTIAL!As we peruse through the p...
Links of the day:The RIAA must be stoppedThey Rule...
Happy Halloween!!POWER TO THE PUMPKINPUMPKIN FOR T...
hey, there's a photo of me online at Heff's sitese...
It's been almost a year and I still have not beste...
Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven (my new favorite ...
I got the Viola Lee Blues.R.I.P. JG August 1 1941-...
Frolf is fun. Last week, on July 20th, I finally b...

MIND 4 ARCHIVES:


This site by:
Boeger Web - Boeger Communications Web Design

morstblog- this blog is by MORST

the acffh morST cyber-blog is here now.


UC Santa Cruz *CVB Dorm Fire memories: My sister asked a few pertinent questions, I post the answers here-

On Nov 17, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Amy wrote:
"Woah. what a flashback. Where were you when the place burned? Where did you keep Chuck after that? What did you see when you returned?"

While it burned, we were in the quad, watching, Chuck was on my shoulder. That night, two girls volunteered to keep Chuckles 'cause I was going to be out of town, skiing in Tahoe with Mom and Denny, so we built chuck a cardboard box home with cardboard perches and ladders and got him some birdfood. We were able to go into the rooms with supervision just to grab a few things, I guess that was some time the next day, when there was no smoke left. My room was mostly covered with soot from 4 feet high to the ceiling, and all the plastic things up there were melted and covered in soot. Such as, remember those coat-hooks shaped like human fingers? I had one of those on the inside of the dorm door, with my polyester windbreaker hanging on it, and it looked like the windbreaker was melted onto the fingerhook, and THEN the fingerhook melted to the floor.


And my Mom filled in a few blanks-

"Your school was giving counseling to those of you in that dorm. They sent the pyro home or else he escaped on an airplane before anyone could get the name of his parents' homeowners insurance information.

When we got up to Santa Cruz, all the kids in your dorm were jammed into a lounge room, nose to toes sleeping quarters. Mess.

We took you and Kenny out for Chinese food and brought back some extra food in those white carry out boxes. We put them down for just a second on the floor of the lounge-dorm and when we picked up the cartons to give the extra food to your friends, there were ants all over the box. Ugh."

That explains my aversion to leaving an open package of food on the floor for even a second! Mom continues-

"We had to take all your clothes to a cleaner that stayed open for us. But your computer was gray with smoke damage and you lost shirts that were hanging on plastic hangers. The shirts and hangers melted together across the shoulders. What a nightmare!"

*CVB stands for College V B-dorm as well as Camper Van Beethoven. Porter College had been College V until the year before I got there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home