morst blog home
expressobeans art guide

UC Santa Cruz *CVB Dorm Fire memories: My sister a...
WHY I AM NOT A PYRO ANYMORE21 years ago today, Buf...
Good news everyone!"On 11/8/05, jonathan segel wro...
PUMPKIN POWER POTENTIAL!As we peruse through the p...
Links of the day:The RIAA must be stoppedThey Rule...
Happy Halloween!!POWER TO THE PUMPKINPUMPKIN FOR T...
hey, there's a photo of me online at Heff's sitese...
It's been almost a year and I still have not beste...
Cracker and Camper Van Beethoven (my new favorite ...
I got the Viola Lee Blues.R.I.P. JG August 1 1941-...

MIND 4 ARCHIVES:


This site by:
Boeger Web - Boeger Communications Web Design

morstblog- this blog is by MORST

the acffh morST cyber-blog is here now.


FRIDAY MULTIBLOG! Archive.org restored the Grateful Dead audience tapes for download and the direct soundboard recordings for streaming. It's been an eventful week, summary is at deadnews.blogspot.com

Steve Cerio had just debuted his new website - HappyHomeLand v2.0 with lots of new art, music, a blog, a webstore and much more! Check it out!

Expressobeans now has a Wiki so anyone can help fill in the blanks!

My Uncle Alan saw my blog recently and wanted to trade links, which is fine with me- here is a link to his blog to tide you over until I add it to my template.

By the way, I keep meaning to mention that most of the format of this blog, and the cool look is the work of my friend Jack and many of my links go right to his pages.

And now for a rundown of post-thanksgiving memories which seem to abound this time of year. ..

Black friday was a fun day for me as a kid- I remember going to downtown (St Louis) Famous-Barr & Stix (Stix Baer and Fuller if you're old enough) department stores to see the window displays. I recall hanging with our friends the Weinstocks, the younger kids getting to see Santa (and get a photo taken I'm sure), incredible Lego displays, all the new toys of the season, either going to O.T. Hodges for a Slinger, or worming our way out of the crowded spiral ramps of the parking lot to go to the hill to get an Amhigetti's Special Sandwich.

Anyway, after shopping, we would go to Ted Drewes' tree lot, go home and put up the tree and lights (which for some reason, Margie Granat got us all calling GRAPEFRUITS, which I still think of them as. .. )

Then in '82. . . eh, I'll tell ya that one later ;-)

FOOD NOTES:
The Slinger is a gut-busting combo consisting of two cheeseburgers on buttered toast, hash browns and chile topped with an egg of your choice.
O.T. Hodge's Slinger
I liked mine with burgers medium rare and eggs over-easy.


The Amighetti Special
amhigetti special sandwich
made with ham choice roast beef, genoa salami, brick cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, pepperoncini, and special dressing- "Often imitated, never duplicated!". They bake their own bread each morning, which smells and tastes great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home