morst blog home
expressobeans art guide

Just in time for the end of summer, I present my M...
Woohoo!! I got an eagle today! Yep, Hole-In-One on...
INTEL MAC IS CRAP.I think I hate this new mac. It'...
MONKS OF DOOM!!This looks like a winner: go check ...
FRUSTRATED!I am very frustrated/pissed off at my n...
CENSURE BUSH! THEN IMPEACH CHENEY! THEN IMPEACH BU...
WHY ITUNES IS A PIECE OF CRAP:1- It stalls on play...
I just found out about the sudden and unexpected p...
Happy Old Year everyone! You can now download the ...
My One Word Interview with Steve Cerio is up on th...

MIND 4 ARCHIVES:


This site by:
Boeger Web - Boeger Communications Web Design

morstblog- this blog is by MORST

the acffh morST cyber-blog is here now.


I'M NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!

I returned last night from the 2nd annual Cracker- Camper Van Beethoven Family Reunion campout in the high desert of southern California and it was an epic-good time.
pitown 06 flyer

I hardly know where to begin but let me say right off the bat that I am planning to attend the 3rd annual and all subsequent ones too. I made audio recordings of just about all the music on both stages at Pappy and Harriet's, as well as the late-night "Porchstock II" jams at Bugs Salcido's house next door. Bugs is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet, and a fine musician too. I guess we can start with Thursday Sept 7, and I can tell you about his show, and show ya some photos.

Bugs poster


Bugs and friends played a great 2-hour set of music on Thursday night for a small but enthusiastic crowd. He was joined on stage by Rojer Arnold, the drummer from Thrift-Store Allstars and a few other folks whose names I will not recall until I transcribe my DAT tape of the show.
Bugs Salcido Sept 7, 2006
Bugs Salcido guest on fiddle Thrift-Store Allstars drummer


Later that night, after some beers and drinks out of a bottle of a German herbal liquor called something like "Par Dee Shotz" aka Fakermeister, I went sleepwalking. I have never known myself to sleepwalk, but I wound up outside the Pitown motel in the middle of the night, wearing just my pajama bottoms, and starting to shiver from the cold. I recall trying to get my key to work in a doorknob to the wrong room which turned out to be the motel office, where I evidently told the new owner that I was sleepwalking. I remember jiggling the key against the doorknob and the door popped open, and she said "may I help you?" I said I was trying to find my room. She said which room? I said "17" and she told me it was on the other side of the building. Very strange happening in the desert. I have no idea what I was doing outside, and in fact, did not recall it the next day until my roommate told me that the motel owner said that some weird guy wearing just pajama bottoms was hugging himself like he was cold, and told her he was sleepwalking. Weird, eh?

The next day, I went to Bugs's house to run off CD's of his set for him, and he was so kind as to loan me his Sony MTL F-96 microphone so I could record the indoor stage for the entire weekend of the festival, since my usual recording rig would be placed outside.
(. . . to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home