morst blog home
expressobeans art guide

Pitown Crampout pt 4 - Saturday day - Sept 9, 2006...
Cramper Crampout blog part 3Pioneertown CA Friday ...
Bugs Salcido is my friend! What a great guy he is....
I'M NOT LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE!I returned last night ...
Just in time for the end of summer, I present my M...
Woohoo!! I got an eagle today! Yep, Hole-In-One on...
INTEL MAC IS CRAP.I think I hate this new mac. It'...
MONKS OF DOOM!!This looks like a winner: go check ...
FRUSTRATED!I am very frustrated/pissed off at my n...
CENSURE BUSH! THEN IMPEACH CHENEY! THEN IMPEACH BU...

MIND 4 ARCHIVES:


This site by:
Boeger Web - Boeger Communications Web Design

morstblog- this blog is by MORST

the acffh morST cyber-blog is here now.


Pitown Blog pt 5 - Saturday Music


Saturday brought us the opportunity to see and hear solo band performances from the Camper Van Beethoven guys. Jon Segel went first, then Greg Lisher, then Victor Krummenacher. They all rocked. All the sets are posted on Archive.org (see below.) Jon and Victor posted their setlists on the CVB Soundoff, and Bob von Elgg pitched in to help me with the one song title I didn't know from Greg's set (City Of Big Dreams)


Jon's set

1. intro
2. Orebro
3. Can't Help It
4. I Love You
5. (hydration banter)
6. Gravity - (Undertow) - Wonder Seeker
7. outtro

Jonathan Segel - Violin, Guitar, Keyboard, Sampler, Vocals
Greg Lisher - Guitar, Vocals
John Hanes - Drums
Victor Krummenacher - Bass
Chris Xefos - Keyboard, Vocals
Kenny Margolis - Keyboards
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Greg's set

1. intro
2. Feeling Cheap
3. By The Wayside
4. City Of Big Dreams
5. The Factory
6. I'm Sure You Would Understand
7. (downloading and room key announcements)
8. Handed Down The Wire
9. outtro

Greg Lisher - Guitar & Vocals
Bob von Elgg - Acoustic Guitar
John Hanes - Drums
Victor Krummenacher - Bass
Jonathan Segel - Violin, Guitar, Vocals
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Victor's set

1. intro 1
2. intro 2
3. Bittersweet
4. Sunday Morning Blues
5. Not Coming Back
6. Nocturne
7. My Baby's Brown Hair

Victor Krummenacher- Guitar, Vocals
Chris Xefos- Bass, Vocals
John Hanes- Drums
Kenny Margolis- Keyboards, Accordian
Jonathan Segel - Violin, Vocals

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

After the CVB guys was Neko Case. The PA system was freaking out pretty bad for her set, and I missed a bit of it going back to my room for a much-needed sandwich. The crowd seemed to enjoy her performance though.


The outdoor stage was running a little bit behind schedule, and Cracker did not take the stage til about 10:30 PM. Many in the crowd saw a very bright shooting star right over the band during the set. I did not see the big one, but I did see a small one near the right-hand horizon, which I confirmed with a nod and a gesture to a fellow audience member. Cracker played past midnight- David said they were supposed to stop at midnight, but they were just gonna play quietly. They continued on til about 12:30, and after the first encore tune, Wedding Day, Johnny Hickman was presented with a beautiful brand new Telecaster. "Still got the tagger on it" he said, right outta Spinal Tap!! Except everyone looked at it, and he touched it. . . He used it to play the final tune of their set, Darling We're Out Of Time. Unfortunately, I did not think they would encore cause they played so late, so my tape ends after Bicycle Spaniard. :-

I posted my tape on archive.org as I like to do.


Disc 1 (79:30.36)
1. intro
2. Been Around The World
3. Sidi Ifni
4. One Fine Day
5. Gimme One More Chance
6. Movie Star
7. Teen Angst
8. The World Is Mine
9. Sweet Thistle Pie
10. Where Have Those Days Gone?
11. Eurotrash Girl
12. Lonesome Johnny Blues
13. Duty Free
14. Happy Birthday To Me
15. Sweet Potato

Disc 2 (29:57.19)
16. Everybody Gets One Free
17. Low
18. Brides Of Neptune
19. Something You Ain't Got
20. Bicycle Spaniard


Cracker was followed by a performance on the indoor stage by Chicago-land native Ike Reilly, who wrote Duty Free. Ike did not start until pretty late, and he played until about 10 minutes before bar time. Johnny Hickman joined Ike on stage for his whole set. At least I had a great seat!


After bar-close, it was off to Bugs Salcido's porch for Porchstock IIb aka Bugsstock II. This was the next installment of an awesome informal porch-jam featuring members of Cracker, The Hickmen, Ike Reilly, Bugs Salcido, as well as assorted fans who brought instruments with them. I even recall Johnny Hickman's father-in-law Ted shaking one of those LP eggs - "Ya can't hear Frankie's maracas" he said with a grin! Later I caught a photo of Frank playing the back of a chair with his drumsticks! I was using MTP's camera, since my phone was all full-up, and I don't have the files yet, but I will post visual highlights of the two porchstocks in a later blog. The jam ended around 4:30 AM, and the crowd filtered away. I had promised Steve© that I'd wake him up at 5:45 AM, so I had a little while to hang out before I had to pack my bags to fly home. Around 5am, I found myself hanging out on Bugs' porch with 50-year-old birthday boy Johnny Hickman and a couple other folks, passing around a bottle of Johnny's favorite hooch, Maker's Mark. A grand finish to a great weekend.


After Johnny took off, I helped Bugs clean up his porch a little, and bring some gear back into his house, then I went back to my room and packed up my posters, taping gear, clothing and what little food I had left. I went and woke up Steve© at exactly 5:45, as promised, then around 6:15 Sunday morning, we were on the road for LAX. We got our rental car returned and made it to the gate with LOTS of time to spare before our noon flight. My taping bag went right through security without a hitch, which was nice. I was afraid that TSA would need to hand-inspect it but we had lots of spare time, so it would not have really been a problem. We boarded our flight with no hassles, and I caught about an hour of sleep in the air, my first since 9am saturday. On the way home from Milwaukee to Madison, Steve© cranked up The Essential Cheap Trick, and I got a nice lesson in music history. I think I'll pick up some of their vinyl some time. They Rock©! :-)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home